Sunday, July 15, 2012

Guilt....

It was only a week ago that I said goodbye to you. Today I miss you. And I feel guilt.

I feel guilty for not thinking about you every minute of everyday.
I feel guilty that I didn't see you in February.
I feel guilty that somehow in my mind this helped in your downfall.
I feel guilty that I can't remember the last time I spoke to you face to face.
I feel guilty that my mother has her two beautiful daughters and your mom will never get to talk to hers in this world again.
I feel guilty for being here without you.
I feel guilty for not seeing the warning signs.
I feel guilty for not seeing a particular Facebook post sooner.
I feel guilty that I have support and you were and are so alone.
I feel guilty that my childhood was so innocent.
I feel guilty about so many things.
Too many to list here.

I know you don't want me to feel like this. But the fact is I do.
Please help me to see that my life can go on.
Please help me let this go.
I love you.
But I still feel guilty.
And I'm not sure I'll ever stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment